❮   back to Home

Is it worth moving to Texas?

If you're tired of paying state income taxes, then yes.

Not only is Texas one of the most tax-friendly states in the U.S. because there's no state income tax, it also offers a lower cost of living with tons of exciting and affordable cities to choose from. The perfect destination for entrepreneurs and business owners alike, Texas is one of the fastest growing states in the entire nation. Industry giants like Google and Apple have already moved to Texas and helped Austin rank as one of the top 10 growing economies by Forbes. With more space to roam and fewer congested freeways, it's no surprise Texas is one of the most popular destinations for Californians who are ready to a change of scenery! 

From California to Texas

California vs Texas: Salaries and Taxes

Buying a Home in California vs Texas

View Live Cams of Texas

Texas Demographics1

• Population: 28,701,845

• Median Income: $59,570

• Median Home Value: $174,058

• Average Market Rent: $1,272

• Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents): Violent - 4.11%, Property - 23.67%, Total - 27.78%

Top Ten Most Expensive Texas Cities1

1: Highland Park

2: Hunters Creek Village

3: Piney Point Village

4: University Park

5: Southside Place

6: Bunker Hill Village

7: West Lake Hills

8: Hedwig Village

9: West University Place

10: Rollingwood

Top Ten Highest Appreciating Texas Cities Since 20001

1: Stanton

2: Midland

3: Odessa

4: Monahans

5: Goldsmith

6: Medina

7: Hilshire Village

8: Denver City

9: Runge

10: Garden City

Top Ten Rising Income Texas Cities (last 5 years)1

1: Dawson

2: Harleton

3: Buna

4: Edcouch

5: Bardwell

6: Bedias

7: Blue Ridge

8: Progreso

9: Goodrich

10: Graford

Top Ten Safest Texas Cities1

1: Mullin

2: Novice

3: Melvin

4: Delmita

5: Mentone

6: Round Top

7: Guthrie

8: Cranfills Gap

9: Valentine

10: Big Sandy

Top Ten Best School Systems In Texas1

1: University Park

2: Southlake

3: Guthrie

4: West Lake Hills

5: Rollingwood

6: Lucas

7: Highland Park

8: Prosper

9: Bee Cave

10: Garden City

What is Texas Known For?

1: Hot Weather2

2: Second Largest State2

3: Live Music Capital of the World2

4: Texas BBQ2

5: The Alamo2

6: The Lone Star State2

7: Dallas Cowboys & Houston Texans3

8: Houston Astros & Texas Rangers3

9: San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets & Dallas Mavericks3

10: Slogan "Don't Mess with Texas"3

Famous People From Texas4

• Selena Gomez

• Michelle Rodriguez

• Jim Parsons

• Ciara

• Matthew McConaughey

• Dwight D. Eisenhower

• Lyndon B. Johnson

• George H.W. Bush

• George W. Bush

• Rick Perry

• Nick Jonas

• Kelly Clarkson

• Jamie Foxx

• Willie Nelson

• Steve Martin

• Barbara Mandrell

• Steve Austin

• Beyonce Knowles

• Renee Zellweger

• Forest Whitaker

Popular Cities in Texas1



Corpus Christi


Fort Worth

El Paso




San Antonio



Corpus Christi


Fort Worth

El Paso




San Antonio

Get the latest news in your inbox

Thank you!

Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

#1 Moving to Texas Relocation Guide for 2020

Thousands of people flock to Texas every year. Why is that? If barbecue and football come to mind when you think of The Lone Star State, you’re not wrong – but there are a lot of other great perks to living in this state.

Why We’re Moving to Texas From California

We’re moving again. For the 15th time in our 32 years of marriage. But this time is a little different. We’re leaving the only house we ever owned and the home that we’ve lived in the longest.

Moving to Texas Pros and Cons

The Pros and Cons of Living in TexasTexas is the 2nd most populated state in the US.It’s also physically one of the largest, so there’s plenty of room for the 1000 people or so that are still moving to Texas every day.

back to top