❮   back to Home

Is it worth moving to Nevada?

Nevada offers residents a little bit of everything — entertainment, outdoor activities, nature, and travel opportunities — with no state income taxes.

Although it's much less densely populated that California, Nevada's economy ranks #8 according to U.S. News for stability and potential. Still culturally diverse but much more affordable than California, Nevada is a welcomed escape from the crowds and sky high real estate prices of the sunshine state. Within Nevada, Reno Tahoe is a particularly popular destination for Californians offering plenty of fresh air with a fun, urban vibe.

Las Vegas 360

Visiting Henderson Nevada

House & Home: Summerlin, Las Vega, Nevada

Nevada Demographics1

• Population: 3,034,392

• Median Income: $57,598

• Median Home Value: $298,525

• Average Market Rent: $1,419

• Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents): Violent - 5.41%, Property - 24.38%, Total - 29.79%

Top Ten Most Expensive Nevada Cities1

1: Zephyr Cove

2: Incline Village

3: Genoa

4: Stateline

5: Minden

6; Boulder City

7: Washoe Valley

8: Henderson

9: Reno

10: Sparks

Top Ten Highest Appreciating Nevada Cities Since 20001

1: Genoa

2: Wells

3: Ely

4: Stateline

5: McGill

6: Round Mountain

7: Pioche

8: Spring Creek

9: Hawthorne

10: Battle Mountain

Top Ten Rising Income Nevada Cities (last 5 years)1

1: Stateline

2: West Wendover

3: Incline Village

4: Silver Springs

5: Overton

6: Round Mountain

7: Amargosa Valley

8: Indian Springs

9: Wadsworth

10: Searchlight

Top Ten Safest Nevada Cities1

1: Dyer

2: Wells

3: Washoe Valley

4: Spring Creek

5: Round Mountain

6: Incline Village

7: Hawthorne

8: Logandale

9: Caliente

10: Amargosa Valley

Top Ten Best School Systems In Nevada1

1: Eureka

2: Washoe Valley

3: Boulder City

4: Minden

5: Zephyr Cove

6: Stateline

7: Genoa

8: Henderson

9: Gardnerville

10: Wellington

What is Nevada Known For?

• Gambling & Entertainment Capital of the United States2

• Largest Gold-Producing State2

• Sierra Nevada Mountain Range2

• 150 Couples Get Married in Las Vegas Each Day2

• Hoover Dam2

• Area 512

• No Individual Income Tax3

• Tourism Slogan: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"3

Famous People From Nevada4

• Patrick Stewart

• Jena Malone

• Dawn Wells

• Kris Bryant

• Sonny Bono

• Matthew Gray Gubler

• Andre Agassi

• Mädchen Amick

• Charisma Carpenter

• Pat Nixon

• Kristoffer Polaha

• Harry Reid

• Julia Mancuso

• Chumlee Russell

• Carey Hart

Popular Cities in Nevada1

Carson City




Las Vegas

North Las Vegas




Sun Valley

Carson City




Las Vegas

North Las Vegas




Sun Valley

Reno/Tahoe is the Area most People are Moving to From California

Affectionately known as “The Biggest Little City,” it’s quickly becoming much larger as one of the top cities for job growth in the U.S. With a thriving startup culture for small business as well as a popular place for families to settle down, Reno offers an attractively low cost of living with a fun and vibrant atmosphere. Satisfying the needs of thrill seekers and adventurers, Reno Tahoe also has plenty of laid-back activities to enjoy all year round.

About Reno/Tahoe

Reno, Nevada Demographics2

• Population: 250,998

• Median Income: $54,916

• Median Home Value: $355,399

• Average Market Rent: $1,360

• Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents): Violent - 6.64%, Property - 25.29%, Total - 31.93%

Get the latest news in your inbox

Thank you!

Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

So why are Californians moving to Reno? We asked a few of them

Californians are moving to Reno. About 45,000 people left the Bay Area from July 2016 to July 2017, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's net migration statistics. Many of them are in the process of making Reno their home.

15 Things You Might Not Know About Nevada

You might think of it as the gambling state, but silver ore helped put Nevada on the map. The 1859 discovery of the Comstock Lode triggered a silver rush and population boom. Nevada's location and mineral wealth made it an attractive potential Union state during the Civil War, and so it was. That's why Nevada's also known as the Battle Born State.

More Californians moving to Nevada due to better traffic, cost of living

California is playing a huge role in Nevada’s growth. According to the U.S. Census, more than 50,000 Californians moved to Nevada from July 2017 to July 2018, pushing the Silver State’s population to 3 million.

back to top