❮   back to Home

Is it worth moving to Arizona?

Putting the sunshine state to shame, Arizona boasts over 300 sunny days a year. A vibrant mix of big cities, suburbs, small towns, and gorgeous landscapes, Arizona has a lot to offer.

The cost of living in Phoenix, Arizona is three times cheaper than Los Angeles, and yet there is a relatively small difference in average monthly salaries. Home to tons of pro sports teams, the state also plays host to Major League Baseball’s annual spring training every February before the regular season which is tons of fun and a great way to meet your favorite players in a more intimate setting.

Moving to Arizona from California

Leaving California

10 Best Places to Live in Arizona

About Arizona

Arizona Demographics1

• Population: 7,171,646

• Median Income: $56,213

• Median Home Value: $252,217

• Average Market Rent: $1,493

• Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents): Violent - 4.75%, Property - 26.77%, Total - 31.52%

Top Ten Most Expensive Arizona Cities1

1: Paradise Valley

2: Carefree

3: Scottsdale

4: Fountain Hills

5: Cave Creek

6: Sedona

7: Gold Canyon

8: Tubac

9: Amado

10: Queen Creek

Top Ten Highest Appreciating Arizona Cities Since 20001

1: Sacaton

2: Maricopa

3: Bapchule

4: Parker

5: Oracle

6: Dennehotso

7: Teec Nos Pos

8: Lake Havasu City

9: Seligman

10: Kaibeto

Top Ten Rising Income Arizona Cities (last 5 years)1

1: South Tucson

2: Tolleson

3: San Luis

4: Somerton

5: Kayenta

6: Tubac

7: Seligman

8: Amado

9: Wickenburg

10: Tombstone

Top Ten Safest Arizona Cities1

1: Dateland

2: Teec Nos Pos

3: Dennehotso

4: Sanders

5: Chinle

6: St. Michaels

7: Fort Defiance

8: Tubac

9: Window Rock

10: Lukachukai

Top Ten Best School Systems In Arizona1

1: Vail

2: Carefree

3: Paradise Valley

4: Scottsdale

5: Taylor

6: Snowflake

7: Cave Creek

8; Fountain Hills

9: Gilbert

10: Hereford

What is Arizona Known For?2

• Grand Canyon National Park

• Hoover Dam

• Official State Neckware: Bola Tie

• Largest Copper Producing State in the Unites States

• 18 National Monuments

• "Skydive Arizona": Largest Skydiving Center in the World

• Illegal for Donkeys to Sleep in Bathtubs

• Diamondbacks

• Cardinals

• Pluto Discovered from the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff

Famous People From Arizona3

• Emma Stone

• Joe Jonas

• Chester Bennington

• Danielle Fishel

• Lynda Carter

• Stevie Nicks

• John McCain

• Linda Ronstadt

• Barbara Eden

• Cesar Chavez

• Kyrsten Sinema

• Dierks Bentley

• Gabrielle Carteris

• Jeff Flake

• Mare Winningham

• Barry Morris Goldwater

• Jennifer Rubin

• Rodney Peete

• Allison DuBois

• Jordin Sparks

Popular Cities in Arizona1





















Get the latest news in your inbox

Thank you!

Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

5 Benefits of Moving From California to Arizona in 2020

Got a job lined up in Arizona or thinking about starting a new life in the desert? Both California and Arizona are close-knit neighbors, but there’s a ton that differentiates the two western states. Famous for its expansive desert landscapes, colorful sunsets, yearlong sunshine, and explosive growth, Arizona has attracted residents from all over the country.

Arizona is the No. 2 relocation destination for Californians

Americans are one of the most mobile nations in the world, according to a global study led by researchers at the University of Queensland, Australia. U.S. citizens ranked third in terms of cross-country mobility among the 60 countries considered in the research, and their appetite for moving and seeking a new relocation destination is surpassed only by that of the New Zealanders and South Koreans.

Lots of Californians moving to Arizona — but it’s not a one-way street

Californians have been beating a path to the Grand Canyon State and moving to Arizona for more than the last decade – but it’s not exactly been a one-way street. While close to 500,000 people moved from California to Arizona from 2010 to 2018, just over 308,000 people were moving in the other direction, according to state-to-state migration flow data released this fall by the Census Bureau.

back to top